smsGuardian > We're Protecting You 24/7
> smsGuardian at Mechanics Bank
Did you know that identity theft is the fastest-growing crime in the United States? Many thieves these days have come to rely on the internet, telephones and even your trash as a means of stealing your identity and your money. That's why we're proud to introduce smsGuardian, a new service available to our customers.* This service is tied to your Mechanics Bank Debit Card and provides text alerts to you triggered by situations in which your card was used.
> Features of smsGuardian
You can receive text messages when your Debit Card:
- Purchases greater than $400
- Is used out of state
- Is used at a gas station
- Is used but not swiped (online purchases)
If a transaction is legitimate, you can simply ignore the message. If the transaction is fraudulent, you can reply to the smsGuardian text with the code that you received and your Mechanics Bank Debit Card will be blocked from further use.
> A Few Details
- Enrollments will be good for a period of one year. You will be notified prior to expiration of your Guardian account and may text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- The cell phone or mobile device must have the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of “short codes” must not be blocked. Short codes are special telephone numbers, often five digits long, which are used to send text messages from mobile phones.
- You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your cell phone or mobile device service carrier.
- To enroll all you need is your 16 digit card number, the last 4 digits of your SSN, and the phone number of the device on which you want to receive the text alerts.
As a reminder the triggers which may result in a text are:
- International Transactions
- Fuel Transactions
- Authorizations greater than $400
- Card Not Present
> Signing up for smsGuardian
How do you enroll for smsGuardian protection?
Simply find the "Click Here To Enroll" icon on this page. It will direct you to an enrollment page. When you provide the necessary information and authorize us to activate the service, we will activate smsGuardian.
Enrollment lasts for one year, at the end of one year you will receive texts to re-enroll.
You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian Alert.
*Message and data rates may apply.